right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Amherst College Class of 2024 Waitlist

838388383838388383 36 replies1 threads Junior Member
edited August 20 in Amherst College
I was waitlisted and was looking for advice on how to get off the waitlist. I know I should send in a LOCI but I'm not sure what to include since I don't have new awards or many EC updates. I know I should include a why Amherst though. Do I also need to send in a extra letter of rec or my 2nd semester grades? Any advice from people that got off the waitlist on how to increase my chances? Thanks!
edited August 20
1 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Amherst College Class of 2024 Waitlist

• Mwfan1921Mwfan1921 6108 replies97 threads Senior Member
    edited March 28
    Just send a short LOCI saying that Amherst is still your first choice, and you will attend if offered admission. If you had good 3rd quarter grades say that. I don't think you should write a long email, or do a complete 'why us'.

Talk with your HS GC about sending another letter of rec....it would have to add something to your application. Ask your GC to call Amherst admissions to reiterate that it's your number one choice, and to get the lay of the land wrt the waitlist, and what they are expecting to see this year.

Meanwhile, choose the school where you will put down your enrollment deposit, and get in a positive mindset that you will most likely be attending there.... "love the school that loves you".

Good luck.
    edited March 28
    · Reply · Share