Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Unofficial Overnight Visits

RubinatorRubinator Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
edited October 2010 in Amherst College
I've got my college list narrowed down to four schools, all of which offer overnight visits to prospective students except for Amherst, which only offers visits for accepted students. Does anyone know of an unofficial overnight program, or of any Amherst students willing to put up a "prospie" for a night?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Rubinator on

Replies to: Unofficial Overnight Visits

• AtilioAtilio Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
    bumpified....
  • ejr1ejr1 Registered User Posts: 1,128 Senior Member
    Send a pm to a member of your sex at the school by checking out the threads. My D is hosting a prospie in that manner.
  • danalynnedanalynne Registered User Posts: 219 Junior Member
    EJR is correct. She and her daughter have been very warm and helpful to my daughter who would love to go to Amherst. My daughter has arranged with my help to be hosted by a female student in that student's dorm this Fall. The school is supplying a list of available classes for her to visit the next day. My daughter does not know this hostess but if you work on it you can find someone. However this is being done independently and not officially thru the school.

By the way EJR's daughter is a wonderful kid and will be showing my kid around the Spanish/ French dorm and perhaps taking my daughter to a spanish class. If there is a will there is a way! Props and a shout out to EJR and her kid.

Dana's Dad
  • ejr1ejr1 Registered User Posts: 1,128 Senior Member
    Thanks for the kind words, but none are needed. Just happy to help future Amherst prospects.
  • radannieradannie Registered User Posts: 602 Member
    My daughter wants to apply ED to Amherst, and needs to spend the night w/a student very soon! Any suggestions on how to set her up?
  • sptchsptch Registered User Posts: 170 Junior Member
    Read above. Check these threads for someone who is the same sex and ask.
  • GA2012MOMGA2012MOM Registered User Posts: 5,440 Senior Member
    radannie, I sent you a PM.
This discussion has been closed.