Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Visiting away from Amherst

goodcatgoodcat Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
edited September 2006 in Amherst College
What's it like visiting NYC from Amherst? Is it tough to come down to Brooklyn and return over, say, a weekend? Is it hard to pull it of at least once a month?
Post edited by goodcat on

Replies to: Visiting away from Amherst

• LemonjelloLemonjello Registered User Posts: 453 Member
    I'm about to go home to NY for the holidays this weekend. I'll let you know.
  • ejr1ejr1 Registered User Posts: 1,128 Senior Member
    D is going with friends over Columbus Day holiday and her friends went last year. She also took the Peter Pan bus from NYC back to campus after move-in when we drove there for a couple days. She bought her tix day before, arrived about 1/2 hour before, and transferred buses in Springfield. Had a bit of a layover there because the stop in Hartford was eliminated, but arrived safe and sound.
  • goodcatgoodcat Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Thanks, seems smooth and safe enough. Does anyone think that its doable without too much fuss on a regular basis, or would it really become a strain if attempted monthly or twice monthly? Being able to visit home has become an increasing priority in my college search and choices. I'd like to get a good feel for about how relative is Amherst's isolation.
This discussion has been closed.