Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Workload at Amherst

2»

Replies to: Workload at Amherst

• jeffs08jeffs08 Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    the social life is great because it's not just thriving, but inclusive too. most people go out thursday and/or saturday nights, when there are always lots of small parties in upperclass dorm rooms. some of these start as parties for a particular sports team and then open up to everyone else. in addition, some saturdays there are bigger dance parties sponsored by the school. the social life is active and inviting.
  • COols875COols875 Registered User Posts: 382 Member
    Well, I visited there for a 3day weekend deal. I think I just ended up staying with the worst group of people.... my host didn't do much. She sort of showed us the beds and left. Then, that night, the group that I was with decided to go check out the parties with the heaviest drinking and i'm not a drinker, so that was a turn off. But the next night was far better. I checked out some of the clubs, enjoyed the party at the latino house. The dancing was in my blood! I then took a nice stroll through the campus with a friend and it was a gorgeous place. Sunday night was not as active because everyone was probaby tied away doing their homework I take it. So, that was my experience with the school. (Loved the classes on monday. Good sized classes...)
  • blainekoblaineko Registered User Posts: 552 Member
    Thank you Jeff & Cools. :)

I'm sure, I'll think of many other things to ask later, just trying to do work here.
This discussion has been closed.