Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Heard back from diversity house open weekend?

Replies to: Heard back from diversity house open weekend?

• GA2012MOMGA2012MOM Registered User Posts: 5,440 Senior Member
    My D just opened e-mail sent from them yesterday and she got in for the Sept. 29th session, she is ecstatic!
  • alyjennalyjenn Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    Yay I got my email today!
    I haven't received my letter yet but it was funny how on the email, it said "Congratulations, again,..." and I thought, again?! Lols.

Anyways, can anyone who went provide some insight/comments to the program? I'm sure the letter would explain things for me but I'm really excited to know right now!
  • alyjennalyjenn Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    Does anyone also know the admit rate? It seems kind of limited... how many invitations do they send out in the first place?
  • sgtpepper08sgtpepper08 Registered User Posts: 566 Member
    haha well her car is in the shop so yeah lol...
    for wen2hu that asked about what's on saturday:
    1. registration
    2. tours
    3. pizza dinner with host
    4. a capella groups
    5. general welcome (this is at 8:00 pm)
    6. casual yet frank conversation with students
    the night ends with evening activities so you're not really missing anything with admissions people or classes. however, i'd call the office of admissions to make sure because they said this is sort of tentative schedule.
  • google2008google2008 Registered User Posts: 417 Member
    ga2012mom i am going on sept 29 too!!!!! :) hope to see her there ;)
  • sgtpepper08sgtpepper08 Registered User Posts: 566 Member
    anyone going in october?
  • soulkiller2soulkiller2 Registered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
    Was anyone rejected from the Weekend?
    I haven't got my letter yet, and am wondering if they send a mail with sorry and bla bla bla reasons
  • lmpwlmpw Registered User Posts: 617 Member
    Yes, if you look at some the previous messages on this thread, you'll see that some people did get rejection letters.
  • tennisgirl08tennisgirl08 Registered User Posts: 258 Junior Member
    Has anyone who applied for the October open house heard anything yet?
  • roamorseroamorse Registered User Posts: 843 Member
    yeah, i think one person has. i applied pretty late... like right before the august 31rst deadline. did anyone else hear back who applied that late?
    That was my D that applied 2 days before the 31st deadline, and she received her acceptance e-mail last Friday, the 7th. She was not being lazy or putting off filling out the application, it was that she had just got it in the mail right before then.
  • soulkiller2soulkiller2 Registered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
    That is very weird, I didn't get a reply of any form yet.
    soulkiller2, if you look at post #10, she says notifications were not all at once. Good luck, keep checking your e-mail!
  • So AuthenticSo Authentic - Posts: 1,241 Member
    GA2012MOM, I thought the deadline was on the 15th.
    I'm actually not surprised the Oct. decision letters didn't come out yet. Because its further away.
    SoAuthentic, I had read somewhere on the threads that it was the 15th, but the "extended" deadline was the 31st. My D did not have an application, I thought this would be a great thing for her, she is doing questbridge, and amherst is her 1st choice. D called admissions, they sent form, and we sent back. Looking at other posts on this subject, I am under the impression that people were "targeted" for the weekends. My D was not! We requested the application, it was not offered to us!
This discussion has been closed.