Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

newly interested. do i have a shot?

2»

Replies to: newly interested. do i have a shot?

• natew6338natew6338 Registered User Posts: 555 Member
    I would also like to see a link! Not that I do not believe you, I am just interested in seeing the average scores for native americans.
  • pyewacketpyewacket Registered User Posts: 1,682 Senior Member
    mini is right, Dartmouth is a bit colder and has more snow but not enough difference by itself to reject it in favor of Amherst. Your chances could be even better at Dartmouth because of an historic commitment to educating Native Americans. If New England weather is an issue for you, consider Haverford and Swarthmore.
    The weather is not too much of an issue to me.. My parents mainly wanted me to take it into consideration (which I will). I kinda like the snow actually...but I will probably get there and won't know what hit me.
  • danalynnedanalynne Registered User Posts: 219 Junior Member
    If you are so highly ranked in national tennis aren't you being scouted by all manner of schools with great programs such as Duke, UCLA etc? Have u made your interest in Amherst known to the tennis coach? With your ethnicity and fairly strong grades etc plus your tennis the coach at any school in the US can get you a tip with any admin office. You need to narrow down your choices, contact every school you would love to attend especially the tennis coaches and wait for the braying pack to recruit you. When my D applied there was a wonderful woman head tennis coach at Amherst.

Dana's Dad

P.S. Shout out to you and your daughter, Evita.
    Danalynne, I am not ranked THAT high nationally. If you misread the "top 10" I wrote, I meant for it to apply to the academy I train at, not the ranking I have. I am simply ranked nationally which is a big feat however I am not in that top tier. I am not even sure if I want to pursue tennis in college... It may seem like a no-brainer for some since I have a national ranking and I probably could play college tennis if I pursued it but I really doubt I want to.

Maybe the PS wasn't for me but someone who earlier posted? haha
2»
This discussion has been closed.