Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Early graduation?

Curious KidCurious Kid Registered User Posts: 405 Member
edited September 2007 in Amherst College
How many credits/courses do I have to take in order to graduate at Amherst? Is it possible to accelerate my progress by taking Amherst courses during the summer? Is summer school even offered here?

Thanks for any info.!
Post edited by Curious Kid on

Replies to: Early graduation?

• Curious KidCurious Kid Registered User Posts: 405 Member
    11 views and no answer? come on guys!
    oh ok, i just found out that Amherst does not have summer school programs, but will it recognize full-semester courses from Wellesley College's summer school program?
  • unregisteredunregistered Registered User Posts: 1,180 Senior Member
    Why the rush?
  • CatfishCatfish Registered User Posts: 725 Member
    You need 32 courses and 8 semesters of residency to graduate. You can graduate early, but you need the approval of your advisor, the Dean of Faculty, the Committee of Six, and finally the Faculty in order to do so. Outside of some extraordinary circumstances, I can't think of a reason one would want to graduate early. What's your motivation?
    motivation: very simple, just wanna save up some money as I'm an international not requesting financial aid and am planning to go straight on to graduate school after Amherst :)
  • lmpwlmpw Registered User Posts: 617 Member
    Amherst doesn't appear the typs of college that encourages or allow such plans. Most LAC students follow a class. You should look at institutions that have summer schools if you want to accelerate your undergraduate years. Or find an institution that have joint BA and graduate programs.
  • EntenduEntendu Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    Your reasons aside, you probably wont want to graduate early once you get here.
This discussion has been closed.