Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Likely Letters/Early Acceptances

Replies to: Likely Letters/Early Acceptances

• SkyGirlSkyGirl Registered User Posts: 936 Member
    Austria, wow! Lucky you :).

I think I should be avoiding CC couple of days myself. I am driving myself crazy thinking every has such great scores, tht I feel so under qualified applying to such great schools.
  • jmarinjmarin - Posts: 1,384 Member
    Oh trust me, my scores suck compared to everyone piratemonkey so dont feel bad.
  • piratemonkeypiratemonkey Registered User Posts: 607 Member
    yeah CC is giving me an inferiority complex... I really should just leave it but I can't :)
  • jmarinjmarin - Posts: 1,384 Member
    i think all message boards are addicting
  • skunkskunk Registered User Posts: 663 Member
    Austria-skiing. WOW!!! I'm getting soooooooooooo jealous.
    yeah it's pretty cool but it's only about a 5 hours drive from where I live so I guess it's not as a big a deal as if I were flying in from the US or something like that.
  • SkyGirlSkyGirl Registered User Posts: 936 Member
    Even the great holiday can't take off the stress yeah?
    I am driving myself crazy these past few weeks. I have gotten in anywhere yet.
    I agree! The weather's great and I should be relaxing but all I can think about is the possibility that there might, just might, be a likely letter somewhere in the international post. Getting one from one of my favourite schools would cancel out the stress of the past few months. I've gotten into McGill and St Andrews which are great schools but they just don't appeal to me as much as Amherst does.

Good luck everyone!
  • KristinaKristina Registered User Posts: 1,017 Senior Member
    Gosh, every time I see that this thread has new posts, I think Oh no! Likely letters have been sent out!. haha.
  • danielcarp17danielcarp17 Registered User Posts: 574 Member
    Same here Kristina :)

Sounds like really cool, pirate! I'm going away for a week too on Saturday, though I'd prefer to stay home, where the postman can find me ;)

I survived today and yesterday watching Champions League games. Good soccer days definitely, though I expected a bit more from some teams...

Anyone a soccer fan?
    hahaha I do the exact same thing Kristina!

I like playing soccer but I have to admit that I really don't know anything about the Champions League and stuff like that. I just hear people talking about Chelsea and I nod and smile :)
    does anyone know the song "Hey Mr. Postman.... have you got a letter for me?" It's a real oldie but somehow it fits our situation pretty well :)
  • skunkskunk Registered User Posts: 663 Member
    I only got to watch the Chelsea game, the disappointing game you might be referring to.:( I missed the Manchester United and the Barcelona games. :(:( I'm a real fan of ManU as well as Messi from Barca.
    haha cool. It's pretty funny for me to see people getting really upset when certain teams lose because I've never really supported a professional sports team before but it's fun seeing all the soccer fans running around the city at night singing their team songs and stuff like that. When the World Cup was on they put up a massive screen in the main square and it was really cool to go there and watch the games.
  • danielcarp17danielcarp17 Registered User Posts: 574 Member
    I was expecting excellent games but was rather disappointed, especially with Arsenal-Milan (a specially interesting match because both teams are great, but Arsenal is full with very young players and Milan with veterans) and Liverpool-Inter. I'm rooting for Inter because the best Honduran soccer player plays there, though I'm not particularly fond of him because whenever we call him to play for our national team he says he's injured... :S

It's the great thing about sports, and soccer is the most played sport in the world. I'm not a big fan of any club, just of our national team, and when we play the whole country paralyzes and everyone's watching TV. It's great ;)

What position do you like to play pirate?
This discussion has been closed.