Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Likely Letters/Early Acceptances

Replies to: Likely Letters/Early Acceptances

• piratemonkeypiratemonkey Registered User Posts: 607 Member
    AHHHHHH CONGRATULATIONS DANIELCARP!!!!! That's so cool! So is Amherst your first choice?

So i guess if they sent e-mails to internationals today then i'm not getting an EW :( Oh well.... there's still the RD round to come.
  • danielcarp17danielcarp17 Registered User Posts: 574 Member
    Thanks!

Academically, yes. But financial aid is a big deal.

Maybe they're not done with EW though! I hope not, because I'd like you to get in!
  • piratemonkeypiratemonkey Registered User Posts: 607 Member

I think if they liked you enough to give you an EW they will probably make sure they give you enough financial aid to attend amherst.
  • Diablo47Diablo47 Registered User Posts: 352 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS DANIELCARP!!!!!!!!!!
    OMG, AMHERST early write!!!

BTW, where are you from?
  • froghornfroghorn Registered User Posts: 561 Member
    CONGRATS! You're so lucky!
  • Diablo47Diablo47 Registered User Posts: 352 Member
    danielcarp17, to tell the truth,
    i envy you,
    so much, so much
    i've spent all the two months before the 1st JAN deadline to write the supplement of Amherst, and submitted it to alll the other schools that required supplement essays,
    i pray everyday to get in,
    but i got nothing so far...
  • izzywizzyizzywizzy Registered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
    WOO! I know how you feel, danielcarp17. I just got an email saying I've been accepted !! =)
    So it's true; you DO feel great after getting the big "yes". (My first!)
    But anyway, I'll repeat what someone told me when I got deferred from Yale after applying early: you will get this feeling too, sooner or later!
  • PhedrePhedre Registered User Posts: 304 Junior Member
    Congratulations, danielcarp17!!! I'm so happy someone in our little community of Amherst hopefuls finally got one. :D You obviously must be thrilled. I hope all the financial stuff works out...You're like our beacon of hope. hehe..:)

...and I just saw your post izzywizzy. Congratulations the same words go for you as well!
  • blondie625blondie625 Registered User Posts: 547 Member
    Aww... Congrats to you both! That's so awesome! I was kinda hoping for one, but not expecting it (so it's ok I didn't get one). izzywizzy, are you an international applicant?
  • aznfishyaznfishy Registered User Posts: 543 Member
    have the early writes only been sent to international applicants so far? have any domestic RD applicants received ew's yet?
  • KristinaKristina Registered User Posts: 1,017 Senior Member
    Danielcarp and izzywizzy, congrats! :)

aznfishy, I think US people will get a physical letter? So I'm guessing they mailed 'em today, so people will start getting them tomorrow.
  • froghornfroghorn Registered User Posts: 561 Member
    Congrats all! Wow, this only adds to my level of anxiety.
  • izzywizzyizzywizzy Registered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
    Yes, I'm international. And I think what Kristina's saying probably holds true for US applicants.
  • zspot9zspot9 Registered User Posts: 353 Member
    welcome to Amherst ;)
  • aznfishyaznfishy Registered User Posts: 543 Member
    lol thanks Kristina, that makes me feel better about not getting a likely e-mail yet =P too bad the post office keeps switching my familys mail w/ another address's...i'd be pretty pis-ed if i got an ew (& i rlly hope i do) & it goes to someone elses house
This discussion has been closed.