Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Likely Letters/Early Acceptances

Replies to: Likely Letters/Early Acceptances

• blondie625blondie625 Registered User Posts: 547 Member
    Yeah, me too aznfishy! I'll be checking the mail box like crazy tomorrow, even though I live on the West Coast.
  • KristinaKristina Registered User Posts: 1,017 Senior Member
    ^ Haha, same here. We shouldn't even bother until Friday.

So financial aid info is given out right after the EW is received? Interesting. I got a likely letter from another college awhile ago, but zero mention of financial aid.
  • IktaraIktara Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Congrats! Which countries are you from Danielcarp and Izzywizzy?
  • OneDadOneDad Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    My son got an early acceptance letter (not email) yesterday. Had been sent on Monday. Not international. It said something to the effect that you are being notified earlier than the regular date to give you ample opportunity to look into what Amherst has to offer.

Visiting days for accepted students are April 13-14 (to stay overnight) and April 21 for a day visit.

On a separate note- the most recent Amherst common data set indicates that last year they offered more people places on the wait list than they accepted, but accepted no one off the waiting list. Very curious.
  • skunkskunk Registered User Posts: 663 Member
    Danielcarp and Izzywizzy, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your application must be really impressive.:)
    I, on the other hand, am steeling myself for another wait year. I'm pretty sure I won't get in anywhere this time round.:(
  • piratemonkeypiratemonkey Registered User Posts: 607 Member
    Congrats again danielcarp and izzywizzy! What do you think made you stand out so amazingly in the applicant pool?

skunk, I'm starting to feel the same way.... I mean i have two acceptances from non-US schools but neither of them really grab me and I'm starting to wonder if any of the schools I want to go to will accept me. Somehow I always thought that I would be able to go to Brown, Amherst, Williams or Dartmouth but right now I'm starting to realize that those dreams might be realized :( I was so optimistic just a few weeks ago! Maybe if I don't get into one of those four i'll just take a gap year and reapply in the fall. But on the other hand i'm so excited about going to college!
    does anyone know what day amherst will send out all their RD decisions?
  • froghornfroghorn Registered User Posts: 561 Member
    I was wondering that, too. About gap years, this is mine and I have a lot of advice to impart to anyone interested.
  • aznfishyaznfishy Registered User Posts: 543 Member
    i'm in!! lol so happy when i got the mail today. is anyone doing the online chat thingy?
  • danielcarp17danielcarp17 Registered User Posts: 574 Member
    Yes, but it's until the 26th.

And congratulations to all of you accepted!
    Where are you from izzywizzy?

To those accepted-Has anyone received the financial aid notification? If not, do you know when it will be sent?
  • danielcarp17danielcarp17 Registered User Posts: 574 Member
    Pirate and skunk, don't worry too much. I know it's tough advice to follow, but March will be over soon and I'm sure you'll end up in the universities you want to attend.
    congrats aznfishy! Where are you from? Is amherst your first choice?

Froghorn, that's cool that you did a gap year. What made you decide to take one and how did you spend your year?
  • Diablo47Diablo47 Registered User Posts: 352 Member
    so many people got early writes~
    congrats to all~
  • smithysmithy Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    I got my acceptance letter today too. I'm a recruited athlete, but I didn't realize they sent early letters out for athletes (not sure what the point is when we've already committed to go there...)
  • JPanJPan Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
    congrats to all of you who got early writes :) you must be over the moon.

I got no mail at all today, so that was kind of disappointing. oh well, there are still lots more acceptance letters to be mailed :)
This discussion has been closed.