Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Likely Letters/Early Acceptances

piratemonkeypiratemonkey Registered User Posts: 607 Member
edited February 2010 in Amherst College
So someone over on the Williams thread received an early acceptance offer and I was wondering if any Amherst applicants had? I don't think I'll get one but it would be soooo incredible to be accepted to Amherst! Good luck everyone!
Post edited by piratemonkey on

Replies to: Likely Letters/Early Acceptances

• ejr1ejr1 Registered User Posts: 1,128 Senior Member
    Amherst does Early Writes. D received hers around March 1, a few years ago.
  • PhedrePhedre Registered User Posts: 304 Junior Member
    Dude. That's going to drive me craaazy.
  • froghornfroghorn Registered User Posts: 561 Member
    Same here. Glad I'm going away next week. Buddies, PM me if you get one!
  • piratemonkeypiratemonkey Registered User Posts: 607 Member
    Oh I know - now if I don't get one (which I'm pretty sure I won't), I'll feel like there is no way I will ever get into Amherst. I know that in reality only a small percentage of RD applicants get these letters but still...

Froghorn, I'll definitely message you if I get one. Message me if YOU get one! Wow, if I ever got one I would be absolutely ecstatic!
  • CatfishCatfish Registered User Posts: 725 Member
    Do not think about Early Writes. Forget that they exist. No good can come from worrying about them.
  • froghornfroghorn Registered User Posts: 561 Member
    Catfish, I think you're totally right about that. It's such a small percentage of admits who get them and not getting one isn't conclusive of anything although it would be nice in a major kind of way.
    Catfish and Froghorn - you guys are right but it's hard not the think about them, especially if other people from our schools get them and we don't. I'll try not to worry but I just can't help it :S I'm going away next week though so that should take my mind off it.
  • skunkskunk Registered User Posts: 663 Member
    I agree with piratemonkey. It's impossible not to think about the EWs. Every time I open my mail box, I open it expecting such an offer. However, all I seem to receive is deferrals and rejections.:(
  • SkyGirlSkyGirl Registered User Posts: 936 Member
    Yeah, I second skunk.
    yeah, everyday I get home the first thing I do is check the mail. I used to get something from colleges in the mail almost everyday and now I haven't gotten anything for a week :( I know I shouldn't be stressing because I've already been accepted to two good schools that I wouldn't mind attending I just won't be satisfied unless I get into one of my US schools - which hasn't happened yet...

Oh well, I'm going away for a week so maybe when I get back I will have something waiting form me.
  • JPanJPan Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
    I just realized it's more than halfway through February and had a slight "oh, wow" attack.

I'm going to be so uppity when it gets to march...
  • danielcarp17danielcarp17 Registered User Posts: 574 Member
    Yeah, same here.

I don't expect an EW either, but just knowing they exist makes me feel more expectant and anxious.

Come on guys, we'll definitely survive the wait!

Pirate, where are you vacationing?
  • skunkskunk Registered User Posts: 663 Member
    I'd have been better off if I knew nothing about the EWs. The knowledge just increases my worries.:(
  • CatfishCatfish Registered User Posts: 725 Member
    That's probably why the admissions office doesn't really publicize them or otherwise call attention to them. Everyone would be better off if they remained an unexpected surprise.
    Hey danielcarp, I'm in Austria skiing - how bout u? Skunk and Catfish, I definitely agree that knowing about likely letters just makes me that much more stressed out. If I don't get any I will feel like I'm not going to be accepted at all :( Ahhhhhhhh I want to go home and check my mailbox but I'm not going back for another week!
This discussion has been closed.