Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Free Stuff?

KiwikimmiKiwikimmi Registered User Posts: 114 Junior Member
edited April 2008 in Amherst College
Does the college give out any free stuff to the accepted students
( T-shirts, Sweatshirts, Pens, Bumper Stickers etc.)
Post edited by Kiwikimmi on

Replies to: Free Stuff?

• kwukwu Registered User Posts: 4,759 Senior Member
    These things will convince you to matriculate? >_>
  • KiwikimmiKiwikimmi Registered User Posts: 114 Junior Member
    Absolutely not! I have already decided to attend Amherst and have already sent in my deposit. I also find it really apalling for you to insinuate such an act what kind of shallow person do you think I am?

Anyway I was just wondering if I would receive anything from them(esp. A T-shirt) so that I could show my support. I won't be visiting for a few weeks so I guess I have to wait until then.
  • kwukwu Registered User Posts: 4,759 Senior Member
    Haha. You sound exactly like me. It's adorable. And frightening.
    Let's see if I can get off that waitlist.

By the way, it's spelled "appalling" ^_____^
    :haha:
    I hope you do.
  • whooopa8whooopa8 Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    I remember getting a lot of free stuff during orientation week and other random events throughout the year, but I don't know about accepted student's weekends
    I'm not expecting to receive anything free while I am there. I am intending to buy some stuff when I go visit. But I just wanted to know if they sent stuff so that I could have something already in hand since I currently own zilch.
  • 'rentof2'rentof2 Registered User Posts: 4,327 Senior Member
    Kiwi, my son was accepted ED. At some point (a couple months?) after that they sent him a window sticker. I ordered a t-shirt for him online, but paid for it, of course. That's all I know about these things.
    Thanks for the response!
  • ejr1ejr1 Registered User Posts: 1,128 Senior Member
    D was accepted RD and didn't receive anything. I purchased t-shirts on-line. However, at Orientation, she received mugs, etc.
  • lady_jefflady_jeff Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Orientation gives you a lot of free stuff. Don't worry, we will take care of you :)
  • TianXiaTianXia Registered User Posts: 139 Junior Member
    I got one of those plastic water bottle things and a lanyard. It kind of felt like I got ripped off, so I just took a bunch of food from the dining hall to make up for it.
This discussion has been closed.