Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Acceptance of crazy people

MapiMapi Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
edited May 2008 in Amherst College
I know I've only been waitlisted, and I may be jumping the gun, but how would Amherst students react to seeing somebody run around campus climbing up walls, jumping from rail to rail or doing mundane bizarre conditioning exercises? I do parkour (often confused with its close relative freerunning) and I was just wondering if I would get weird looks from people or if it would be more of a conversation starter. Just wonderin :)
Post edited by Mapi on

Replies to: Acceptance of crazy people

• CatfishCatfish Registered User Posts: 725 Member
    I know there is somebody in the freshman class who does parkour, but I've never seen he/she doing it, although I would like to. If what you're doing looks cool to a casual observer, most people would think you're fairly awesome.
  • sabusabu Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    If you get accepted, you're gonna teach me how to do it.
  • MapiMapi Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    Alright that's great that I won't be ostracized. That's good to know that Amherst students aren't super judgemental, and yeah Sabu I would be happy to teach you if i make it in.
  • TianXiaTianXia Registered User Posts: 139 Junior Member
    At least the very least, I'm sure someone will drag you down to the health center when you inevitably hurt yourself.

YouTube - Parkour Accidents

According to the comments, the first guy died instantly.
  • MapiMapi Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    I've had my fair share of scars, bruises and small injuries, but those people are just idiots. They clearly were not ready for what they were trying. Now, for a demonstration of real parkour, go to youtube tomorrow (may 2nd) and the entire front page will feature parkour.
This discussion has been closed.