Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Please speculate my international app...

noojoonoojoo Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
edited April 2008 in Amherst College
Basically I go to a UK school; I got 10 A*s in GCSEs, and 5 As in A-levels (basically the UK equivalent of finals, except that they're standardised tests)

however my transcript is really bad- mostly As & Bs, and Cs, and like 3 Ds... T__T

Assuming, that I get good SATs e.g. 730+s, have several decent activities (economics society + varsity basketball) and write a superb essay (ok its all subjective, but this is an assumption nevertheless)

How will the Amherst adcom judge my application?? Will they realize that UK teachers judge more harshly, and give leniency to my UK in-year transcript, basing my school-academic performance more on the finals (A-levels, GCSEs)?

*** For UK university entrance, the vast majority of weight is placed on your A-levels (finals), than your internal reports (transcript)... Does Amherst understand this? Will I still be based more on my transcript than my finals???
Post edited by noojoo on

Replies to: Please speculate my international app...

• hpg90hpg90 Registered User Posts: 374 Member
    You should post this on the international thread. I don't know how Amherst evaluates internationals, but those that were accepted should be able to give you some idea of what their transcripts looked like...
This discussion has been closed.