Hey all, I will be attending Amherst in the fall of 09 class of '13 but still have a few lingering questions...
This goes out to all current students. alumni, or anyone in the know:
1) Would you consider Amherst to be a "target" school for top companies (specifically banks and other firms in financial services)?
2) Do firms recruit on campus? How prevalent is on-campus recruiting? How many students actually seeking internships/jobs receive offers from the firms that visit campus?
3) How helpful is the career center in terms of helping students find summer internships, jobs, and bringing firms on campus?
4) Does the Pre-Business Group on campus receive support from the school or career center? What is their role on campus?
5) How effective is the alumni network? Are alumni approachable? Do they help students who are seeking summer internships or jobs?