Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
KyburzKyburz Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited December 2008 in Amherst College
Hi- I was just wondering what the drive from Boston to Amherst is like. I know it's about 90 - 100 miles, but what is the road like? Is it a two lane winding road, or more of a four lane interstate? What is the speed limit? What's the fastest that you make it if you really push it?
Post edited by Kyburz on

Replies to: Boston

• loweryoureyelidsloweryoureyelids Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    It's not gonna be any shorter than 2 hours.
  • KyburzKyburz Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    So that would indicate that you can't go any faster than about 45 mph? It must be a two lane winding road?
  • tianjpianwtianjpianw Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    2 hours or less
  • CatfishCatfish Registered User Posts: 725 Member
    It's about 2 hours, although that could be more or less depending on traffic. 1.5 hours is doable if you push it and traffic cooperates. Absolute worst case is 4 hours, which happened to me once when 90 was backed up for literally the entire length of the state. The simplest route from Boston is west on I-90, then north on I-91, then east on route 9. Route 9 is stop and go, but the interstates you can take as fast as you would expect.
This discussion has been closed.