Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
downtothewiredowntothewire Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
edited December 2008 in Amherst College
i kinda decided to apply to amherst at the last minute. do applications need to be submitted by midnight on the 31st or by midnight on the first?
Post edited by downtothewire on

Replies to: deadlines

• blinkangel44blinkangel44 Registered User Posts: 1,159 Senior Member
    I've been wondering this question myself in regards to all my apps. (I know it'd be better to send them in before the deadline, but I'd really like to know what the deadline is!)
  • ModadunnModadunn Registered User Posts: 6,263 Senior Member
    The Deadline is January 1. If you look at that with any degree of logic, midnight on the 1st would actually be January 2nd. And yes, not waiting until the final minutes is a good idea. The possibilities for "what if's" are just too many.
  • blinkangel44blinkangel44 Registered User Posts: 1,159 Senior Member
    I think the question ought to be phrased "11:59 on the 31st or 11:59 on the 1st"
  • ModadunnModadunn Registered User Posts: 6,263 Senior Member
    Back in the day.. and yes I am that old... it was it had to be postmarked by a certain date. Since the common application records the date you send an application I think you'd have to do it by 11:59 on the first in order to have that particular time stamp. But if your dog chews through your DSL line... it will put a whole new spin on him eating your homework and that didn't work even when I was a kid! :)
  • ShesOnHerWayShesOnHerWay Registered User Posts: 757 Member
    Remember, it needs to be 11:59 in Massachusetts - EASTERN TIME!
  • downtothewiredowntothewire Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    blinkangel's phrasing of the question is much better. and yeah, I can see something like what modadunn said happening to me
  • downtothewiredowntothewire Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    luckily, i'm also on the east coast so i don't have to worry about that issue
This discussion has been closed.