Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Document Status

Replies to: Document Status

• hellogoodbye5015hellogoodbye5015 Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    Modadunn, I received my Log In ID yesterday. The boxes next to the documents are blank. They've received my test scores, though.
  • BB012BB012 Registered User Posts: 253 Junior Member
    They have received my test scores, teacher evaluations, and of course the application and supplement. But my school transcript and counselor recommendation is still being shown "missing." However, My school sent all the materials, including the teacher evaluations, in one packet. So, I guess they received everything, but have not sorted everything out yet.
  • superwomansuperwoman Registered User Posts: 751 Member
    yay, I just got mine today! I signed in and they were like they're missing essay 1 and essay 2, in addition to mid year (which I know isn't going to back until next week), first term grades (which I need to check up with my school because that makes no sense!)..But then again I applied through the Questbridge application, no common app, but I did do the supplement, grrr...I hope I don't have to send it in again!
  • ModadunnModadunn Registered User Posts: 6,263 Senior Member
    Superwoman.. As BB012 said, all of the stuff was sent in one packet (same with my son) and some are there and some arent yet noted. Wait until next week to let them catch up. Maybe admissions Dan will come on and give us a TAMS update kind of thing. But hopefully he is swamped in trying to evaluate applications!
  • superwomansuperwoman Registered User Posts: 751 Member
    I see, Thanks Modadunn, that makes alot of sense. Thanks again!
  • yelle85Ayelle85A Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    Modadunn - yes, everything was marked as received. I did send in an additional rec, though, and they didn't recognize that, so I guess they only mark down what is required. They used a whole bunch of different dates though, so the confusion must really all just be from the volume of mail they have to sort through.
    Wait until next week to let them catch up. Maybe admissions Dan will come on and give us a TAMS update kind of thing. But hopefully he is swamped in trying to evaluate applications!

Totally got Tufts and Amherst mixed up -- just when it came to online doc system. :) AdmissionDan shows up on that board occasionally. oops
    Progress:

Today my son told me his application status was updated to show that both teacher recommendations were received. Still no sign of counselor rec, first marking grade and three year transcript (mid-year and final transcript hasn't gone out yet), but since these were ostensibly all sent together, I am feeling far more confident that all documents are somewhere in the admissions office!
    Everything except my final high school transcript has been received.
  • erebuserebus Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    I'm confused...what are the first marking grades?
    If you are quarters, I imagine that is what they are referring to. What I don't know is if they want first marking period if you were not ED or if, in the process of sending midterm grades, those are sent as part of that. OR if it's that you send midterm grades, that's as good as first marking period.
  • BB012BB012 Registered User Posts: 253 Junior Member
    Update:

Everything received. :)
  • melanie999melanie999 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    "First marking grades" refers to first quarter grades and I'm pretty sure they only need those if you applied ED (because that is all the grades you had at that point). Your Midyear grades includes both your first and second quarter grades and/or final first semester grades (depending on each high school's grading system/arrangement of the transcript).
    Ran into our GC secretary today and for our school they only send end of semester grades. They don't send first quarter or midterm exam.
    What is the final high school transcript and when is it supposed to be sent? That's the only thing that's marked missing.
This discussion has been closed.