Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

" First Marking Grade" on the status page.

thankyouallthankyouall Registered User Posts: 599 Member
edited February 2009 in Amherst College
Is it same as the transcript?
Post edited by thankyouall on

Replies to: " First Marking Grade" on the status page.

• ModadunnModadunn Registered User Posts: 6,263 Senior Member
    Well.. kinda. When I asked our counselor about this, this is what she said. If you applied ED or EDII (doesn't apply to Amherst), then they sent the grades as they came in. So collages would have gotten your 1st quarter grades. If you were RD, they sent midterm reports which are essentially semester updates. Since our transcripts only show year end grades, it wouldn't have semester grades (unless it was only a semester length course). So, if your status has midterm report than the school does have all the grades you have earned thus far. However, you might want to just poke your head into your college counseling office tomorrow just to see what they send and when.
  • thankyouallthankyouall Registered User Posts: 599 Member
    I sent the sealed transcript in myself. On the status page it shows both Mid-Year grade and "first marking grade," so I guess that's the transcript I sent in.
This discussion has been closed.