Senior Year Grades - First Semester:
French (post-AP class...an elective): A-
ILS (mandatory senior course): A
Major British Novels: A-
Calculus AB: B+
AP Physics B: B- : This grade is my main concern with Amherst...will it have much of an effect?
SAT: 2170, 2130, superscore: 2240
- French language: 760
- French Lit: 780
- just took the Literature
- French Literature : 5
- French Language: 5
- Biology: 4
- taking Calculus AB and Physics B in spring
Summer Activities: summer of 2009
- working at the UN writing papers/editing/translating into french for an organization: Global Action on Aging
- Art class at Colombia University
summer of 2008:
- volunteering at two different hospitals in the city - spent time in the Peds ER and the Adult ER and on a General Medicine Floor
- Art: painting/drawing/sculpture/digital/photograhpy: i have done almost every type of art making there is, but i specialize in drawing and painting. I have been doing so basically since i was born and have been commissioned several times to make paintings for people - sent a portfolio for evaluation
- Piano: been playing the piano since i was 4. Followed the Royal Conservatory of Music curriculum, which was just introduced in NYC this year, so im one of the few kids in the city doing it. I am in grade 9, which means i will be able to teach next year! I've gotten tons of awards/certificates from playing in concerts - send a music CD for evaluation
- I am the editor of a nationally ranked art and literary magazine at my school
- Tutoring: have been tutoring a 10th grader at my school in math
- Sports: JV Tennis, V Cross Country, V Track
Random: I have lived in Canada for 10 years, London for 3 years, Japan for 2 years and New York City for 2 years.
Recs: I have fantastic recs, one from my french teacher who told me she "got someone into Yale"
Essays: common app should be good, as should the supplement
Extra: I got deferred from Brown ED, if that is any sort of indication of where I stand.