Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AP Physics C: Mech HELP!

insertnamesterinsertnamester Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
edited March 2011 in AP Tests Preparation
I'm currently taking the class at a community college, and, frankly, I feel like I'm not learning anything! The teacher doesn't teach anything, and everything I learn is from the book but I don't feel like I'm prepared enough for the AP exam. We are using Young and Freedman's University Physics textbook.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what to do? Maybe prep book suggestions, studying advice or info about the exam itself? ANYTHING will be appreciated! Thanks!
Post edited by insertnamester on

Replies to: AP Physics C: Mech HELP!

• conquerer7conquerer7 Registered User Posts: 230 Junior Member
    The best prep book I know of is Barron's AP Physics C. Definitely overprepares you, but does a great job of it. You can also get 5 Steps to a 5's take on it: the bare minimum, but it's still everything you need to know. The best approach for self studying IMO is just reading your textbook, but 5 Steps should get you through quickly if you're pressed for time.

From my experience (which has only consisted of getting my hands on one past MC and a few FRQs), the real thing is far below the level of any college textbook. If you understand half of what your book is saying, you'll have no trouble at all.
  • ninjacatninjacat - Posts: 118 Junior Member
    ^I agree. I liked Princeton Review for self studying

Dont worry, the exam has an epic curve... I was sure I failed the exam after I took it, but I got a 5.

Also, If you are not confident on specific topics, you should look at MIT OCW. It has video lectures by Walter Lewin.
This discussion has been closed.