Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

2011 AP Art History Preparation Thread

PunjabXPunjabX Registered User Posts: 324 Member
edited April 2011 in AP Tests Preparation
How are you guys studying for this exam? Any tips?
Post edited by PunjabX on

Replies to: 2011 AP Art History Preparation Thread

• JackytJackyt Registered User Posts: 222 Junior Member
    Barron's, Art History for Dummies, Annotated Mona Lisa, Annotated Arch, Gardner's
    Lots of reading, but I actually like it so it's ok.
  • PunjabXPunjabX Registered User Posts: 324 Member
    Wow^^. I'm only using REA and Annotated Mona Lisa...think I can still pull off a 4?
  • Susan BenfordSusan Benford Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I'd suggest two resources:
    1. Read art history blogs. At the blog on World Famous Paintings, there is a list of well-known art history blogs.
    2. Consider purchasing Masterpiece Cards. This is a set of 250 art history flashcards that reproduce and review famous paintings. The reviews are written by art history experts, and thus are great samples of art history essays. These 250 art paintings are the ones most often cited in nearly two dozen art history books, so these are most of the greatest hits in Western art history.

Good luck!
  • yintinghyintingh Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I read Gardner's and am using REA to review. I really want to find some practice tests though, because I hear that REA's only concern what they taught and I don't want to buy Barron's just for its tests in the back.

Anyone know of a good site for free review & practice? Hopefully with a complete test so I can get an estimate score.
  • PunjabXPunjabX Registered User Posts: 324 Member
    REA does give you a few practice tests...I don't know about CB ones though.
  • pentupenguinpentupenguin Registered User Posts: 392 Junior Member
    I'm reading a chapter of Gadner's a day and using REA. Geez, why did I procrastinate so badly :[?

Would anyone who took the test be able to give us any advice?
This discussion has been closed.