Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

**AP Literature Official post-test**

joshmay94joshmay94 Registered User Posts: 859 Member
edited May 2011 in AP Tests Preparation
So, without defying the almighty CB's no-MC discussion, what did you guys think?

Slightly easier than I thought, but I think I completely wrecked the third essay.
Post edited by joshmay94 on

Replies to: **AP Literature Official post-test**

• jcold9jcold9 Registered User Posts: 487 Member
    Hamlet. Never fails.
  • Karategirl431993Karategirl431993 Registered User Posts: 179 Junior Member
    The last MC passage was awful for me. Everyone I talked to said they had to read it multiple times and still hated it because of the way it was formatted. I didn't really like the two poems for the MC but the prose, especially the second to last one, was really good. I didn't really care for the first essay but thought I did okay. I totally rocked the second essay and the third one was pretty good too.
  • ballpointpenballpointpen Registered User Posts: 506 Member
    how many ap number stickers did you guys use on the two booklets? (not including the answer sheet) 1 or 2? i think i may have forgotten one.
    Just one for the MC booklet
  • ballpointpenballpointpen Registered User Posts: 506 Member
    there was one for the MC booklet? i thought there was just one for the 3 essay booklet ****
  • Swimfreak001Swimfreak001 Registered User Posts: 349 Member
    I agree that the last piece of prose on mc was horrible. I felt like I aced the second and third essay... As for the first, not so much but I think I did decent
    Hhmmm on second thought I may have used two...not entirely sure. But I definitely had one on the MC booklet.
  • PorcelainPorcelain Registered User Posts: 171 Junior Member
    I think there was only one for the frq booklet
    I think Porcelain is right and I'm wrong because they look at the FRQ booklet and we only had initials on it so it would need a sticker to identify it. You should have used one on the answer sheet for the MC and one on the FRQ booklet.
  • Kdurs11Kdurs11 Registered User Posts: 125 Junior Member
    Hmm... I definitely didn't ace the second essay, but maybe it's because that's the last one I wrote. I think my third essay was pretty good, though. Good ol' Hedda Gabler.

For the last MC passage, I read it like 3 times before I started answering the questions since I had time left over, underlining the main subjects and figuring out the sentences grammatically. It helped A LOT. But hey, as long as there's no weird 16th century poetry, I'm more than happy.
    Old poetry is the worst. I'm glad the essay poem was pretty modern and straightforward.
  • joshmay94joshmay94 Registered User Posts: 859 Member
    Anyone else use Invisible Man for the third essay? I thought it matched perfectly with justice.

And that poem about grief was probably the toughest. The poem about the ponies was definitely easiest, along with the first prose.

As for that last prose, I had to read it twice to figure out what was going on but after that I got it.
  • StallerStaller Registered User Posts: 343 Member
    Crime and Punishment wins life.
    I used Inherit the Wind and at least three people I talked to used Hamlet.
  • smorgasbordsmorgasbord Registered User Posts: 1,803 Senior Member
    The Stranger worked well, especially if you wanted to put a philosophical spin on it.
This discussion has been closed.