Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How To Prepare for a Calc Test

IceQubeIceQube Registered User Posts: 3,187 Senior Member
edited October 2011 in AP Tests Preparation
How do you prepare for a in-class AP Calculus test? I'm not talking about the AP exam in May, but like unit tests in AP Calc class.

I really want to do well on my first AP Calc test - it's on limits and continuity!

I'm currently doing every single pertinent review problem in both Barron's and Princeton Review. I'm also going to do all the pertinent questions from 1969 to 1998. Is this enough?
Post edited by IceQube on

Replies to: How To Prepare for a Calc Test

• DavidTheNerdDavidTheNerd . Posts: 604 Member
    Study.

:)

^Most in depth answer right there!
  • accipehocaccipehoc Registered User Posts: 124 Junior Member
    Chill, what you're doing right now (as long as you get what you're doing) is plenty (and more!). We just had a limits and continuity quest (quiz/test) and I did fine (one point away from an A >_> and it was a stupid mistake) despite minimal studying.

Make sure you look over your homework and warm-ups because that's what is most like to be on the test.

Good Luck!
  • CSMathAsa1994CSMathAsa1994 Registered User Posts: 385 Member
    Dude chill, just review over your notes and go to Khan Academy. I have a limits and derviatives test next Tuesday, and although it is a big test, I will be calm about ut.
  • DesafinadoDesafinado Registered User Posts: 775 Member
    Dont memorize anything. Derive everything during the test.
  • OtherWindowOtherWindow Registered User Posts: 1,049 Member
    ^
    lol

Try doing that with d/dx ln(x) and the quotient rule and let me know how that turns out!
  • Ronaldofan94Ronaldofan94 Registered User Posts: 410 Member
    Alternatively, you could skim (and with time alloted, read) through the corresponding chapters in your textbook. I found that doing that helped me ace the exam over limits and continuity.

In my opinion, without sounding pretentious, I would say that limits and continuity are relatively simple to understand. My biggest advice is to remember how to eliminate the indeterminate form of a limit using factoring and rationalizing techniques.

If you need any help, feel free to ask. :D
  • CordycepinCordycepin Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    I agree with @Ronaldofan94, great advice.

We just had our first AP Calc BC test, on limits and continuity. The best thing you can do is to just review all the material your teacher has given you. The fact that you are looking through the review books means that you are going above and beyond!

Good luck, and I'm sure you'll do fine!
  • bobtheboybobtheboy Registered User Posts: 2,216 Senior Member
    You're overpreparing a lot; you don't need to do any more.
  • upsidedown951upsidedown951 Registered User Posts: 158 Junior Member
    I'm assuming you all are in AB... we just had our test over rectilinear motion, implicit differentiation, related rates, and exp/logarithmic derivatives.
  • zekey123zekey123 Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    1. do extra hw problems on types of problems you dont get
    2. ask your teacher for any concepts you dont understand
    3. look up youtube videos like khan academy (i personally prefer patrickJMT)
    4. sleep well the night before
    5. good breakfast
    6. Confidence going in
This discussion has been closed.