Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Best study book for AP World History test?

collegekiddiecollegekiddie Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited October 2011 in AP Tests Preparation
What are some good books you used to get a 5 on the AP History test? And why was that book helpful to you? Thanks!
Post edited by collegekiddie on

Replies to: Best study book for AP World History test?

• hoopser77hoopser77 Registered User Posts: 645 Member
    Barron's was good and it gave a good summary of everything.
  • CordycepinCordycepin Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    How's the Princeton Review book?
  • milerunner400milerunner400 Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    I used princeton review (for content review) and got 5. However, I recommend using friends' review books or released exams for MC practice.
  • blabbermouthblabbermouth Registered User Posts: 820 Member
    Princeton Review was amazing. I used it last year and got a 5. It covers pretty much everything you need to know. I also had Barrons, but I personally did not like it.
  • CordycepinCordycepin Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    Ok, sounds good. I also have the Kaplan one, but I've heard some mixed reviews about it. Does anyone know how the Kaplan book stacks up against other APWH prep books?
  • HONORLIONSHONORLIONS Registered User Posts: 1,582 Senior Member
    Cordycepin wrote:
    Ok, sounds good. I also have the Kaplan one, but I've heard some mixed reviews about it. Does anyone know how the Kaplan book stacks up against other APWH prep books?

Thing with APWH is particular is that there are a few 'must know' topics for M/C and FRQs, but for the most part, you're just going to need to know a big chunk of history from every major era and civilization. There's a lot of details and you're bound to learn a lot from any major prep book. I haven't personally heard anything about Kaplan, but still, I wouldn't recommend swaying too far away from the Barron's consensus on this one.
This discussion has been closed.