Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How much would it help for a college to know if I am an AP Scholar with Distinction?

HOPE2GETNHOPE2GETN Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
edited October 2011 in AP Tests Preparation
Basically, I completely forgot to mention it in my apps to extremely competative schools such as Cornell, Northwestern, Notre Dame, etc.

Would it be worth sending an updated resume to these schools containing my title of AP Scholar with Distinction or should I just let them figure it out on their own? After all, look at my AP scores and knowing the requirements, they would presumably know, right?

Input would be appreciated.
Post edited by HOPE2GETN on

Replies to: How much would it help for a college to know if I am an AP Scholar with Distinction?

• iwaitz4uiwaitz4u Registered User Posts: 289 Junior Member
    I don't think it would matter much. A lot of people get that.
  • SikorskySikorsky Registered User Posts: 5,851 Senior Member
    My opinion is based on no actual data, but I'll offer it anyway.

At colleges where a very large number of applicants are AP Scholars with Distinction, it wouldn't help you any. At colleges where not so many applicants are AP Scholars with Distinction, you probably don't need the help.
  • aldfig0aldfig0 Registered User Posts: 932 Member
    They can probably figure out that you got the award from your AP scores anyway.
  • bobtheboybobtheboy Registered User Posts: 2,216 Senior Member
    If you reported the AP scores, then those will speak for themselves. I recommend not updating your resume, it won't matter.
This discussion has been closed.