Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How Many Self-Study's? (Help with senior schedule)

marshmallow95marshmallow95 Registered User Posts: 213 Junior Member
edited July 2012 in AP Tests Preparation
I'm aiming for George Mason University/Virginia Tech/The George Washington University, possibly the Honors College at GMU, so no super-competitive schools for me.

These are the two senior schedules I've come up with and I'm not sure which one 'looks better' or which one is easier to handle. Junior year, I only took two AP's: Lang and BC Calc. Lang wasn't bad, I got a 4 on the exam. BC Calc...not so great, hence the self-studying AB Calc next year.

AP French
AP Lit
AP Stats
Honors Government
Human Anatomy and Physiology
Advanced Orchestra
Advanced Information Systems
Self Study: AP Calc AB (retake, I need a 4 or 5); AP Psychology

AP French
AP Lit
AP Stats
Government
Human Anatomy and Physiology
Advanced Orchestra
AP Psychology
Self Study: AP Calc AB
Post edited by marshmallow95 on

Replies to: How Many Self-Study's? (Help with senior schedule)

• wynterwynter Registered User Posts: 359 Member
    I like the second schedule.
  • Emily556Emily556 - Posts: 152 Junior Member
    The first one might be better, because Psychology is one of the easier self-studies, for me, I'd even argue that Psych is easier than lang (I self-studied both), but it's really up to you. Advanced Information Systems seems interesting though.
  • marshmallow95marshmallow95 Registered User Posts: 213 Junior Member
    wynter: Yeah, me, too, but I'm still kinda jumping between the both of them.

Emily556: You make a good point. And yeah, I'm planning to go into something business-related, so that's why I'm considering Advanced Information Systems.
This discussion has been closed.