Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AP Comp. Gov?

jdroidxwjdroidxw Registered User Posts: 294 Junior Member
edited July 2012 in AP Tests Preparation
So I searched around on CC and mostly everyone says that AP comparative gov. is an easy exam. So I plan on self-studying the course. I am wondering, how much up-to-date information is tested on the AP exam? Will a 2011 version of Ethel study guide be sufficient enough for the 2013 exam? Any tips for self studying too?? I plan on spending about two months to self study as well. Is this enough time to study to get a 5?
Post edited by jdroidxw on

Replies to: AP Comp. Gov?

• jdroidxwjdroidxw Registered User Posts: 294 Junior Member
    Bump......
  • Emily556Emily556 - Posts: 152 Junior Member
    If I were you, I would get the most recent Ethel book, but you could probably get at least a 4 with the 2011 one.

You should be fine on the two month time frame, but only if you are adept at memorization. There are a lot of names, dates, and terms to keep straight, but it's mostly straightforward recall as far a the AP test goes.

I have some other info on my website, but if you have any other questions about any other self-studies, feel free to let me know (I've taken most of them... 21 to be exact)
This discussion has been closed.