Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

I need help choosing classes

lavaoutpourlavaoutpour Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
edited August 2012 in AP Tests Preparation
So today during registration, I was harshly informed that I will not able to take all of the AP courses I had wanted to. I was planning to take the following courses: Literature, Spanish, Chemistry, Clalculus(AB). The way they have currently set up my schedule makes it so that I am unable to currently unable to take calculus. I will either not take calculus or drop one of my other AP classes to make room for it. I am not allowed to drop literature. I also have never taken an AP science( I took bio, then chem, then physics. all honors) so I thought it would be a good idea to take an AP Science my senior year. So it comes down to calc or spanish. I have taken 3 years of college prep, non honors, math and only 1 year of spanish. I took spanish for native speakers 3 last year and took spanish 1 at irvine vallley college my freshman year. From what all of my friends tell me, I will not struggle in either of them. I also taking statistics with my local community college this coming semester.

So which should i take? Which will look better to colleges? Spanish or Calc(AB)?
Post edited by lavaoutpour on

Replies to: I need help choosing classes

This discussion has been closed.