Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

ap psychology self-studying book???

rahul03rahul03 - Posts: 23 New Member
edited August 2012 in AP Tests Preparation
I am thinking of self-studying AP Psychology. I have a book '5 steps to a 5 AP Psychology 2009-2010' Is this book good enough for self-studying and getting a 5 or 4? further, i intend to take ap psychology in 2013; so wether this edition of this book is enough or I sould buy a new edition.

thank you.

Rahul
Post edited by rahul03 on

Replies to: ap psychology self-studying book???

• KathrynWilliamsKathrynWilliams Registered User Posts: 30 New Member
    You should also get a textbook. Just checkout out at the library.
  • TexasRangersTexasRangers Registered User Posts: 93 Junior Member
    Barron's is known for being the best for AP Psychology.
  • MandieJMandieJ Registered User Posts: 102 Junior Member
    My friend used 5 Steps to a 5; it's not enough. Get Barron's. Also, you should probably get a textbook; David Myers' text is the most common. With Barron's + Myers, you'll be set! And if you like flash cards but don't have the time or energy to make your own, Barron's flash cards set is great as well.
    Good luck!
    --From a self-studied psych student; scored a 5 :)
  • 5am69965am6996 Registered User Posts: 251 Junior Member
    Does self study mean you literally had no classes? My school isn't giving me any AP classes! Could self studying actually work?
    Yes, it means I taught myself. And it works! I have four 5's and two 4's to show for my self-studying efforts.
  • 5am69965am6996 Registered User Posts: 251 Junior Member
    Whoa that's amazing, congrats! What courses did you take? I am planning on self studying AP psychology, AP chem (I'm in honors chem so I think it'll help a lot), AP bio (I'll give it a try and if it doesn't work I'll take the course in my senior year). Hoping I can do okay in them!
    I self-studied bio, world history, chem, psych, calc BC, and English lang, and this year I'm self-studying APUSH, physics C, and stats.
  • dirkslam41dirkslam41 Registered User Posts: 732 Member
    I got a 4 with barrons. Great book
This discussion has been closed.