Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AP Gov Comp vs. AP US Gov?

mojodojomojodojo Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited November 2012 in AP Tests Preparation
Hi Everyone,

So I planned on self-studying for AP US Gov, but then I found out today there is also an AP Gov Comp. test. Which one is easier to self-study for? I am pretty passionate about both, but I was wondering if it would be easier to study for AP US Gov first, then take AP Gov Comp. next year, or vice-versa. I will also be taking the AP United States History test this year.

I am also debating whether or not I should take both. Would that be too much? I will be taking AP Lang, Chem, Chinese, and US history too. I also still need to study for the SAT.

Thank you for your advice!
Post edited by mojodojo on

Replies to: AP Gov Comp vs. AP US Gov?

• DarthpwnerDarthpwner Registered User Posts: 1,007 Senior Member
    I would say take the US Gov test since APUSH and US Gov go hand in hand. Have you taken AP World? That might help with AP Comp Gov but I think US Gov would be a better fit since most schools offer that instead of Comp Gov.
  • div301div301 Registered User Posts: 761 Member
    US Gov is one of the Easiest AP exams.

Get the crash course for AP Gov,(2-3 hours only to study it for MC) and go over the last 10 years of FRQ's (week or so) and if you dont get a 5... i'll pay you.

comparative gov, not so much.
  • DarthpwnerDarthpwner Registered User Posts: 1,007 Senior Member
    ^^^ That's good advice. It's common consensus from what I heard that US Gov is easier to self-study.
This discussion has been closed.