Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AP Registration for selfstudy

lkang9210lkang9210 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
edited February 2013 in AP Tests Preparation
Ok, so I don't know how you guys reg for your selfstaudy APs. Cuz my school dont allow me to take the exam without taking the test. So I had to called CB. But I waited so long and no one ans! Is there a better way? Should I just go directly to CB office located at NY (Columbus Circle is I am not mistaken). Because I do not have time during the school day to call CB since I'll be @ school. BTW, I am even willing to pay ppl to do these nasty paper work. Any suggestion?
Post edited by lkang9210 on

Replies to: AP Registration for selfstudy

• lkang9210lkang9210 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    On the CB website, it stated that the person should call CB before March 1.
  • binatangbinatang Registered User Posts: 510 Member
    What do you mean that your school doesn't allow you to take the exam without taking the test?? What does that mean? What test are you talking about?
    Ask your school for a list of nearby AP Coordinators that you can contact about taking your exam at their school. If your school can't provide you with this, then call CB. Try several times, I know there's a wait, but just keep trying.
    The thing is no school in NYC offers

Psychology
    Calculus BC
    Chinese
    Statistics
    Physics B
    U.S. Gov and Politics
    Comparative Government and Politics
    Macroeconomics
    Microeconomics
    Human Geography

Do you know any school in other state that offers outside student AP exams?
  • bananafreak2ubananafreak2u Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
    I really don't believe this fact. Your area should have an ap coordinator for you to contact and they will set you up with someone
    I called AP service 3 times, they did give me a list of schools. But 80% of the schools did not pick up their phone. Others simply do not offer AP exams for outside students. Only one school offers Government and AB calculus (but I want BC).
  • hangooksaramhangooksaram Registered User Posts: 289 Junior Member
    Hmm well I just asked my school to register for me, and one of the counselors are proctoring me? And I'd recommend going to a school in-person:P
This discussion has been closed.