Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Ap physics C question ? please reply

Twiggy22Twiggy22 Registered User Posts: 429 Member
edited February 2013 in AP Tests Preparation
I would like to take physics C next year (senior) but just questions i have
I have never taken any physics class so im kinda scared that will be a big problem
However i am currently in calculus AB and im doing phenomenal,
I get all the material so far (except related rates) and i passed last semester with a 93% and im passing this semester with a 91% right now, and i get everything
SOOO my question, do you think i can take Physics C and not be tooo much in the dark.
Post edited by Twiggy22 on

Replies to: Ap physics C question ? please reply

• rspencerspence Registered User Posts: 2,118 Senior Member
    Physics C is pretty doable if you have a good calculus background...I only took C-Mechanics, which only assumes up to Calculus AB knowledge (if I remember correctly?) and got a 5. A few other ppl in the class also got 5's, despite never having taken a physics course in HS.

For C-Electricity/magnetism, I'm pretty sure you'll have to learn about gradients, surface integrals, flux, and some other multi-variate topics (however many of them are just generalizations of what you've learned in AB). I never took Physics C - E/M, but I'm taking the equivalent course right now at MIT.
This discussion has been closed.