Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Should I take AP Lang?

bowling555bowling555 Registered User Posts: 106 Junior Member
edited September 2013 in AP Tests Preparation
So i am a Junior that goes to Canyon Crest Academy, where we take 4 classes in the fall and 4 classes in the spring. I am not that good at English and have a hard time reading books, but I want to go to a really good college, and feel that I need to be challenged in the english language. I have a hard time interpreting books and I am not generally good at English, but the Regular CP English class is ridiculously easy and involves little effort. Should I take AP Lang in the Spring, or should I just do Regular English?
Post edited by bowling555 on

Replies to: Should I take AP Lang?

• PlatypusParadoxPlatypusParadox Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    You should take AP Language. In my class, we primarily focused on historically significant articles/speeches/etc. and essay writing, especially critical lens. There wasn't as much reading books and analyzing a large piece of text like previous years. However, there is a LOT of writing. There were many days where we just read old AP responses that were scored highly. It's said in my school that out of all the core subject APs, English Language is the easiest one to get a 5 on. That was just my experience though-- yours may be very different.

Good luck. :)
This discussion has been closed.