Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AP Physics B...HELP!

desigirl1432desigirl1432 Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
edited December 2013 in AP Tests Preparation
Hi everyone,

I am currently enrolled in AP Physics B, but our teacher, as nice as he is, is not a very good AP teacher. From what we have heard from students that took it in previous years, a lot of people got very low scores. I am lost and I don't know how I am going to prepare for the exam in May. Do you have any suggestions as to how to get a 5 on the physics exam by studying on my own?
Just as a reference, we use Giancoli's Physics 6th ed.

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by desigirl1432 on

Replies to: AP Physics B...HELP!

• 4kidsdad4kidsdad Registered User Posts: 4,602 Senior Member
    Google for ap physics b study guide
  • jdroidxwjdroidxw Registered User Posts: 294 Junior Member
    I was in the same situation as you before. What you need to do is buy the AP physics Princeton Review book!! It saved my life. I basically taught myself using that book. I got a 5 on the exam and an A in the class.
  • desigirl1432desigirl1432 Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    Thanks! Is the review book general or very specific?
  • jdroidxwjdroidxw Registered User Posts: 294 Junior Member
    It's enough to get you a 5. It isn't overcomplicated nor is it too easy. The practice test MC match the actual exam. I recommend using the past FRQ on the collegeboard website as practice, although the FRQs in the book are fine too. The book has all the topics the AP curriculum has.

The basic format of the book is 1. General description 2. Formula 3. Practice problems.
This discussion has been closed.