Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

2014 AP score RESULTS thread

Replies to: 2014 AP score RESULTS thread

• caffeinemoleculecaffeinemolecule Registered User Posts: 257 Junior Member
    @2016bostonian‌ Sometimes, counselors get it earlier and put it on there. Not always, though.
  • 2016bostonian2016bostonian Registered User Posts: 187 Junior Member
    Hmm, I just looked at Naviance and under test scores, they don't have my AP scores from the year before last year, or my subject test scores which just came out. What should I do? Should I email my guidance counselor?
  • GoBears2018GoBears2018 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    For those students who have taken AP exams in previous years, when you log on to the college board, do you see "2014" and a list of exams you took this year or do you somehow need to tie in your 2014 AP registration number to your existing account?
    My older student doesn't show anything other than their 2013 exam results, but my younger student who took exams for the first time has their exam courses listed and of course a note saying results aren't available yet.
    I'm worried the older student's exams didn't connect with their account somehow but wanted to find out what others have experienced? Thank you!
  • SdiariesSdiaries Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    @GoBears2018 I took AP exams both last year and this year and my account is showing my score from last year and in addition a list of the exams I took this year.
  • TheClassyCuberTheClassyCuber Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    I can see the tests I took this year but no scores as well @GoBears2018
  • karlzxkarlzx Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Can't find the scores.
  • MaynardGKrebsMaynardGKrebs Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    I'm curious why College Board wouldn't release the scores if they already have them. What is the reason for doing this?
  • TheMizuTheMizu Registered User Posts: 143 Junior Member
    AP Psyc: 5 (I love psychology, so this was expected. It was online though, so I wasn't completely sure)
    AP U.S Gov: 5 (I for sure thought I got a 4, but this is a nice surprise since I took this online as well)
    AP Calc AB: 4 (slightly disappointed, as Duke only accepts a 5, but I still learned a good bit; it was taught virtually, and math without a physical teacher is kind of difficult for me)

Overall, I'm very happy with my scores since my high school only has one AP class -- U.S History, which was last year. Good luck to everyone! :)
  • jimmyboy23jimmyboy23 Registered User Posts: 608 Member
    Guys, the reason collegeboard does not send them out is because,
    1. They are still grading the late and international exams, some of the people who received their scores from teachers and colleges still don't have their late exam scores.
    2. Even if they did have the scores they're not going to release them early because they are a professional company. They may release the scores a couple hours ahead of schedule not weeks when they told us specifically which days they were going to release them. The final reason is because they want to make certain their servers are ready and want to make sure they don't crash when millions of Californians sign on that first day.

Just wait it out and please stop posting how you cannot see your scores, we know and if you read anybody else's posts you would know why we know. Let's leave this thread for its original purpose and only discuss our RELEASED AP scores and not why we can't access them.
    "2. Even if they did have the scores they're not going to release them early because they are a professional company."

Good point, except they ARE releasing them. To colleges, not to the individuals. So why would they do that?
  • TidumattudTidumattud Registered User Posts: 121 Junior Member
    us govt - 5
    physics C mech - 5
    English literature - 5
    enviro - 5
    microeconomics - 5
    physics C e&m - 4
    art history - 4
    compsci A - 4
    spanish lang - 3 lol
  • crazyfrog821crazyfrog821 Registered User Posts: 339 Member
    Are you allowed to call on July 1st for your scores for an 8$ fee or does that not happen anymore?
  • jimmyboy23jimmyboy23 Registered User Posts: 608 Member
    @MaynardGKrebs It's because colleges recieve priority because college freshman are trying to register for classes and some AP exams serve as pre-reqs. So, when collegeboard gets all the regular exams scored they ship those results out to colleges (also to guidance counselors at high schools). They don't release score reports to students until every single exam is scored including late exams and international exams.

@crazyfrog821 No I don't believe you can: http://professionals.collegeboard.com/testing/ap/scores/reporting/for-students.
  • ChalmydiaChalmydia Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
    ap biology = 1 -- no excuses
    ap economics = 1 on both --- hah
    ap statistic = 2
    ap english literature = 2
    ap psychology = 1
    ap physics c mech/e&m = 5 on both
This discussion has been closed.