Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

2014 AP score RESULTS thread

Replies to: 2014 AP score RESULTS thread

• hagzzzhagzzz Registered User Posts: 305 Member
    5s on Chem, Macro, USH, Lang

• fnl012fnl012 Registered User Posts: 181 Junior Member
    Stat - 5, USH - 5
  • mtjademtjade Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    @DoctorMD It will be fine don't worry about it. I got a horrible horrible score on my first AP last year, and I was so scared for the 4 that I was taking this year 'cause last year was just traumatizing.... I ended up getting three 5's and one 4, and got over my ap exam fear haha.
  • DoctorMDDoctorMD Registered User Posts: 218 Junior Member
    @mtjade congrats on your scores! i got over it now. I'm taking four AP exams this year as well. Just hoping I will do as well as you did this year (I'm dying to get a five on bio. The university I want to go to will give you TEN credits for a five on bio!).
  • rosebud30rosebud30 Registered User Posts: 93 Junior Member
    US History - 5
    As a sophomore, it was the only AP class that I was allowed to take. I pretty much expected a 5, because I was the only person that ever took notes on my teacher's lectures, the only person that consistently attended review sessions, and the only person that actually did my homework from the textbook, and didn't just Google everything. I got a 4 on AP Gov't last year, so I was bound and determined to get a 5 this year.
  • deborahbdeborahb Registered User Posts: 345 Member
    My son got National AP Scholar! I am surprised because he does have two 3s on exams. He has 8 4s and 5s. I thought getting a 3 on any exam disqualified you for National AP Scholar. Anyway, very excited!
  • emenyaemenya Registered User Posts: 1,401 Senior Member
    Congratulations to everyone! I got Nat'l AP Scholar so I'm so happy

Chem- 4 (I really thought this would be a 3. The free-response was too long)

Bio- 4 (Wanted a 5, but still pleased)

Environmental - 4 (I got so scared because I self studied this one and everyone in my school was like the test is so hard, you're gonna fail. And I kinda "forgot" to study for the entire year until the week before the test. But due to a schedule conflict with Chemistry, I took the late test so I'm guessing that it was easier)

US History- 5 (Expected)

Statistics - 5 (I got a 3 on the mock exam so I was very surprised but then again the FRQ was amazingly easy)

English Lang.- 5 (I missed a 5 by one point on the mock, and on the real test, for the first time I actually finished all the essays. The one where you had to write a letter to the directors was really WEIRD though. Didn't know they had prompts like that.)
  • alwayssonaalwayssona Registered User Posts: 111 Junior Member
    edited August 2014
    It was my first time taking AP exams, and I think I got an AP Scholar with Distinction. Could someone confirm that for me?

Bio- 3 (On the mock exam my teacher gave us I got a 5. I have no idea what happened. Even my teacher was really surprised.)

Calc AB- 3 (My teacher only taught us derivatives. Boy I was so unprepared. I expected a 1. I'm never trusting teachers again in AP classes. I'd rather self study.)

Physics B- 3 (I nailed the MC and first 3 free response. The rest of the free response were basically horrible, bc I lost interest towards the end of the course when the teacher was cramming lessons in last minute and not really helping.)

Enviro- 4 (I skimmed REA the night before and minutes before the test. I really liked the subject. It was a self study btw.)

Human Geo- 5 (I skimmed REA the night before. This was also a self study.)

Funny how my best scores were self studies. But I wasn't too into AP classes the second half of the year and I was just waiting for summer to start so I could work at the hospital. Hopefully, this doesn't affect me too much for college. I'm gonna try harder senior year.
    Yay for enviro self-studies @alwayssona !! I think you do have AP Scholar with distinction. Per the collegeboard's website:

http://professionals.collegeboard.com/k-12/awards/ap-scholar

"AP Scholar with Distinction: Granted to students who receive an average score of at least 3.5 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams"

Congrats on your score!
  • Matt846Matt846 Registered User Posts: 547 Member
    @deborahb‌ 3s don't disqualify you. However, they don't help as you need at least 8 4+ scores and an overall average of 4
  • puzzled123puzzled123 Registered User Posts: 566 Member
    edited August 2014
    5's on Chem, Calc BC, and APUSH this year. The changes in Chem made it pretty hard, but BC and APUSH were a joke. I recommend Barrons for math/sciences, and REA for APUSH.
    I agree, REA definitely for APUSH. @puzzled123 Have you ever taken Computer Science? What book would you recommend for that?
  • Jarjarbinks23Jarjarbinks23 Registered User Posts: 769 Member
    Chem was a giant pain for my entire AP class.... the dude who had the top grade in the class got a 4. None of us were prepared for the difficulty spike
  • alwayssonaalwayssona Registered User Posts: 111 Junior Member
    @emenya Yay for last minute self studies! Haha. Anyway, thanks for the confirmation. I logged onto APscore and it had my award written there.
  • puzzled123puzzled123 Registered User Posts: 566 Member
    @emenya‌ yeah, I took comp sci, but our school's class is very good preparation for the exam, so I didn't use a book. However, I've heard Litvin and Barrons are good.
This discussion has been closed.