Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Self Study AP's Experience

boston5038boston5038 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
I go to a school where there is a limit of 2 AP's junior year (I take AP chem and APUSH). However, you are allowed to self study for as many AP's as you wish. I was just wondering what are some relatively easy AP's to self study? Any advice on how to study for them? and if its possible to get 4's and 5's through self study?

Replies to: Self Study AP's Experience

• WoanderingWoandering Registered User Posts: 2,295 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Commonly named easiest ones:
    APES, AP Human Geo, AP Statistics

Arguably easy ones:
    AP Macro- and Micro- Economics, and AP Computer Science

AP histories are fairly hard.

AP Physics and Chem are pretty hard, unless you've had experience with either. AP Physics 1 and 2 should be easier, but I'm not sure.

AP Biology could be easy, depending on how well you can memorize lots of information.

AP Languages depend on your experience, obviously.

AP English can be argued either way. I would say, if you're super good at English, are well read in classic texts, go for it. If not, don't.

Good luck!

I'm self studying APES and AP Computer Science. PM me if you want any help finding/choosing materials to use for self study.

EDIT: Some more Arguably easy ones are the AP Governments.
  • SmargentSmargent Registered User Posts: 242 Junior Member
    AP Bio was changed a lot, and it's not as much about memorization anymore. I took the test last year (self study) and got a 5 and it was vastly different than most of the older practice materials.
This discussion has been closed.