Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is it hard to take four science courses in one year

notypicalnotypical Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
I moved to a new school and it is required that i take physical science along with chemistry in one year. I need to take physical science because i didn't take it in my old school, and in order to fulfill graduation needs i have to take it. Other than that i plan on taking AP Psychology and AP Environmental Science (note, it's my first time taking AP courses), so that would mean id be taking 4 science courses in one year. I have either that choice or I can self-study AP Comparative Government and take AP psychology with the school then take AP Environmental Science next year as an online AP course. Anyways what I mean to ask is; is taking the four science courses in a year too much on my plate. And which choice is better; self study AP Comparative Gov and take AP Psychology with the school, or take both AP Psychology And AP Environmental science in one year( AP Psych with school and AP Environmental Science online). And know that id also be studying for SAT Subject tests and the SATs.

Replies to: Is it hard to take four science courses in one year

• jimmyboy23jimmyboy23 Registered User Posts: 608 Member
    if chemistry is honors or regular, then this is actually pretty easy. Just AP bio and AP chem would be a much more difficult load
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 42,870 Super Moderator
    AP Psychology is classified under history & social sciences, so you really looking at taking 3 sciences concurrently, which given the 3 in question, should not be that difficult.
This discussion has been closed.