Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Advice for AP Chem Student with Bad Teacher?

MeetPotatoMeetPotato Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
I am currently taking AP Chem and honestly I barely understand anything. I still manage to pass the test but I feel like I wont be in a good position when the AP exams comes. I have a horrible teacher, she does not teach us anything except assign us problems. Do you have any tips or advice to self study or understand AP Chem better for the AP exam?

Replies to: Advice for AP Chem Student with Bad Teacher?

• Matt846Matt846 Registered User Posts: 547 Member
    Bozeman science and Khan academy on youtube are the best AP chem resources IMO
  • ashleybear97ashleybear97 Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    I agree with Matt846; definitely Bozeman science! I've heard Khan Academy is good too, but I never used it. AP Chem was no doubt the most difficult class I've taken in high school and it was my teacher's first year teaching AP, so I definitely understand where you're coming from. Try getting a review book (I used Barron's, but I didn't like that one too much) and looking at online resources to help you learn the material and study for the exam. Flashcards are also really helpful for learning vocab, equations, and key concepts.
    Good luck! :)
  • IronDonutsIronDonuts Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Look up chemguy1 on youtube, he helped me a lot also. I basically self-studied this exam, using Bozeman, ChemGuy and occasionally Khan. My teacher just graduated from college and it was her first year teaching...ever. I'd get the review book "Crash Course AP chemistry". Worked wonders
  • adela22adela22 Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    You can also use crash course Youtube videos. And look at other school's website for AP chem
  • MeetPotatoMeetPotato Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    Thanks for the advice and suggestion guys. This is my teacher's 2nd year of teaching ap chem and honestly, the students last year did not score well. Chem is still my hardest ap class, but I I'm doing a bit better in chem and with all the online resources, I feel like i have hope. Thanks again for the help and support !! :D
This discussion has been closed.