Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Should really take Hon Chem before Ap?

curiosity080512curiosity080512 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
So my plan was to take both AP Bio and Honors Chem sophomore year after taking Adv Bio this year. Im debating whether it's really necessary to take 2 Chem classes, I mean is it really that hard? I have a 98% in adv bio and I kind of regret taking it because it was too easy. The problem is that if Honors Chem would be too easy for you, my second choice would be computer science, which I would REALLY like to take for robotics and programming. PLEASE help me I've been thinking about this way too much
Also, I would really like to obtain and A and at least a 4 on the AP CHEM exam

Replies to: Should really take Hon Chem before Ap?

• curiosity080512curiosity080512 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Oh and I forgot to say I'm taking AP CHEM junior year after the honors chem the previous year.
  • bodanglesbodangles Registered User Posts: 9,185 Senior Member
    I would take honors. You don't take Trig without taking Algebra 2, you don't take Calc without Precalc. AP Chem (and AP Physics C) can be very difficult without prior experience in the subject. Some people can do it, but it's really really not recommended.
  • MITer94MITer94 Registered User Posts: 4,747 Senior Member
    edited April 2015
    If you feel like you can handle it, you can go for AP Chem without regular/honors (I did this in HS). I know several others that also did it; I would only advise so if you feel you can handle the more difficult load. Otherwise, take honors chem.
This discussion has been closed.