Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How to Survive AP Bio

Emily817Emily817 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
I am taking AP bio this year, and I am really struggling on the unit tests. I have no idea how to study the material. Whenever I feel like I know the material, I get a horrible grade on the test. How should I best study the material?

I have the Campbell 1st Edition Biology in Focus and the Pearson "Test Prep Series for AP Biology" companion textbook.

Any tips on how you studied for your class is greatly appreciated!

Note: I am worried about my class grades right now, not the AP exam. So test grades NOT exam scores.

Thanks!

Replies to: How to Survive AP Bio

• Emily817Emily817 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
  • awesomepolyglotawesomepolyglot Registered User Posts: 3,858 Senior Member
    If it's a vocabulary problem, Quizlet should become your best friend. If it's concepts, Khan Academy. And next weekend or whenever you have time, read the textbook.
  • silmarilsilmaril Registered User Posts: 348 Member
    I think drawing diagrams/flowcharts are really helpful in bio- it really helps you visualize and remember all those biological processes. Make flashcards if you need vocab practice. There's also the Bozeman AP Bio videos, which are separated by topic- try watching them in the days preceding your tests and take notes from it as a refresher.
  • ancap1ancap1 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Hi,

I would strongly recommend Bozeman Science on Youtube. I also took graphical notes for diagrams (eg photosynthesis, cellular respiration, body systems, and everything else). Another good source I used was the PR Review book (good alternative to the text book or summation/supplement). Additionally, I made a course on the app "Memrise" (which is very similar to quizlet)- search "AP Biology Princeton 2015)

Hope this helps!

Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.