Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AP Psych Self-study?

parrishparrish Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
Is it too late to start self-studying for AP Psych now? I'm a sophomore and I'm taking AP Calculus AB and AP Euro this May.

Replies to: AP Psych Self-study?

• azwu331azwu331 Registered User Posts: 713 Member
    It's not too late yet since AP Psych is one of the easier tests to self-study, but you need to put a lot of time into it starting now. You should get a review book (Princeton Review or Barron's is best) and try to get in as much information as possible. Online resources are helpful as well.
  • thenorthstarthenorthstar Registered User Posts: 108 Junior Member
    @parrish I'm a sophomore and I started reviewing for the test three weeks ago. (I already took the class but it was first semester so I forgot a lot). I think you'll be fine as long as you use Barron's and take a practice test or two!
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 40,217 Super Moderator
    I did not take a psych class in HS and crammed with a review book over one weekend and scored a 5. That only goes to show how easy the AP exam is. Which is one reason Dartmouth no longer gives AP credit. :)
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/18/education/dartmouth-stops-credits-for-excelling-on-ap-test.html?_r=0
  • swim1128swim1128 Registered User Posts: 375 Member
    I am self-studying AP Psych right now. It is not a hard exam to study for yourself. I bought Barron's and Princeton Review, which are pretty good. Self studying AP Psych won't take very long and is totally doable.
This discussion has been closed.