Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AP Physics 1 Math Difficulty

chasefcchasefc Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
Going to be a sophomore this year and will be in honors pre-calc for math. Im interested in taking AP Physics 1 as an elective but I'm unsure of the math difficulty. Will I be at a disadvantage in the class since I'm only going to be in pre-calc. For those who wonder, I consider math my strongest subject and I've always been at the top of my class.

Replies to: AP Physics 1 Math Difficulty

• Shanban1607Shanban1607 Registered User Posts: 548 Member
    AP Physics 1 is algebra based. You will be completely fine with your math knowledge.
  • chasefcchasefc Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I guess I overestimated the difficulty of the class, but thanks
  • MITer94MITer94 Registered User Posts: 4,747 Senior Member
    @chasefc you were probably thinking of AP Physics C, which is calculus based.
  • OBXPLOSIONOBXPLOSION Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    I am going to be a Junior next year and will be taking this course as well (my school only offers it every other year), but I sat in on this class the 2nd semester of my freshman year (wasn't on my transcript). So I can at least say that the math involved is not very hard to understand as I was in the same position as you were in my freshman year (assuming you took Algebra 2 or an equivalent course your freshman year). Don't worry about it. @chasefc
This discussion has been closed.