Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Self study AP tests??

Lotus6Lotus6 Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
Hey I'm a senior and currently in AP Bio, AP CSP, AP Lit, and AP US government. I only took one AP class last year which I quickly found to be a huge mistake so I'm doubling up this year before I ship out to college. I really want to take advantage of the AP program and get as many credits as I can so I was wondering if I should self-study additional AP tests this year and if so which ones? I'm also wondering if the AP Bio class will prepare me for the AP ES test?? Or if the econ section in Gov will prepare me for Macro/micro. Thankss

Replies to: Self study AP tests??

• history1000history1000 Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    I would have to say AP Bio and self-studying APES are a good match (usually they make good compliments). As for self-studying other APs....what is your intended major? If you choose to self-study any at all they should be the ones closest to your field of interest.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 37,527 Super Moderator
    I'm also wondering if the AP Bio class will prepare me for the AP ES test?? Or if the econ section in Gov will prepare me for Macro/micro. Thankss
    No and no. Although the background from AP Bio will help you prepare for AP ES, and the background from APUSG will help for econ. But there will still be major gaps that you would need to fill.
  • Lotus6Lotus6 Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    Thank you and my intended major is biology
  • Lotus6Lotus6 Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    So taking easier tests (like macro, apes, psych) just for the college credits isn't a good idea?
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 37,527 Super Moderator
    So taking easier tests (like macro, apes, psych) just for the college credits isn't a good idea?
    If you have the time, go for it. Just understand that it won't help for admissions, and many schools recognize that these are easier AP's and don't give credit for them.
This discussion has been closed.