Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Are these AP classes too much

Colina1234Colina1234 Registered User Posts: 83 Junior Member
I am currently choosing my classes for next year (junior year) the only Ap I have ever taken is Ap Psych I am currently in it and I have a good memory so I am doing good in it so i was thinking of taking 4 Aps next year i was wondering if they are manageable or not these are the Aps
Ap environmental sciene
Ap Statistics
Ap Biology
Ap US History

Replies to: Are these AP classes too much

• collegemom3717collegemom3717 Registered User Posts: 4,293 Senior Member
    It mostly depends on you and how you work, and somewhat depends on how it is taught in your school. There's doing well in the course and doing well on the exam- and for college admissions, the course mark is the one that matters (unless you are applying to unis outside the US).

Both the work load and the degree of difficulty of the course work tends to jump up in junior year, and you don't want your marks to drop. I would ask your current teachers (or the AP teacher if they know you) how they think that you will handle the work load. US Hx and Bio in particular are known for having a high volume of material to cover.

Be careful if other students tell you 'oh, AP X is easy'- it may be easy for them, it may be easy in their school, it may be easy relative to the rest of their work load. What really matters is how it works for you.
This discussion has been closed.