Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Sending Scores?

phurley93phurley93 Registered User Posts: 200 Junior Member
edited December 2007 in AP Tests Preparation
I am an AP Scholar w/ Distinction with these AP grades:

euro 5
lit 4
ush 5
chem 5
macroecon 5

i am putting them on my apps and stuff...but should i still send an official grade report to the schools i am applying to (mostly top schools...ivies and others)?

how would i even send a grade report if i decided to do so? do i have to write to the collegeboard?
Post edited by phurley93 on

Replies to: Sending Scores?

• ChedvaChedva Super Moderator Posts: 30,234 Super Moderator
    You only send the official score report to the school you're going to attend, after acceptance. The College Board website has information on how to send the scores.

And congrats on the great scores!
  • aj2220aj2220 Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    Yeah I was wondering the same thing.

Why is there no way to send them to different colleges online?
  • mi22mi22 Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    i had the same question.. so unofficial reporting is sufficient until acceptance?
  • sports61khsports61kh Registered User Posts: 1,025 Senior Member
    good question mi22
  • ChedvaChedva Super Moderator Posts: 30,234 Super Moderator
    There is a way to submit them on line; check the College Board website. But for your application, unofficial self-reporting is sufficient for most schools. Some may want an official report, so you should check the websites of the schools you're applying to.
  • TweetjazzTweetjazz Registered User Posts: 177 Junior Member
    For a school I applied to in November, they asked for what classes you have taken so they know which APs I took, but it never asked for self-reported scores so I didn't. I didn't send my official score report either, so should I go ahead and send it now even though it's way after the deadline?!
  • TweetjazzTweetjazz Registered User Posts: 177 Junior Member
    does anyone know?!
This discussion has been closed.