Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

speed of APUSH

indianbasketballindianbasketball Registered User Posts: 301 Member
edited October 2007 in AP Tests Preparation
alright so i just looked at my apush calender and saw that cpater 13 was to be finsihed by the end of October in Out of many. Mind you my school starts early september. In the book chp 13 is like right before the civil war. Is'nt this kind of fast? I mean its been 2 months and we will be almost halfway done with the book (31 chp.)
Post edited by indianbasketball on

Replies to: speed of APUSH

• It'sGr82BeAGatorIt'sGr82BeAGator Registered User Posts: 513 Member
    that's the normal pace, a chapter per class
  • indianbasketballindianbasketball Registered User Posts: 301 Member
    Seems a lil fast dun it? MAybe its reasonable now that i think of it. Its just that we are finshing almost half the book in a 1/4 of the year. Oh well
  • you'llsee...you'llsee... Registered User Posts: 4,535 Senior Member
    that's not fast for AP.

in my APUSH class, we do 2 chapters a week. My teacher wants to be done the textbook (41 chapters....Pageant) by April. That way, he can spend the rest of the time reviewing for the AP exam.
  • indianbasketballindianbasketball Registered User Posts: 301 Member
    If u have 41 chapters, our chapters are prolly longer than your guy's. We have 31.
    My class used the American Pageant, what book are you using?
  • shravasshravas Registered User Posts: 2,056 Senior Member
    Um, how bad is it if we're only on chapters 6, 7, 8 (we're having a test this Friday) on the American Pageant?
  • EloquenceEloquence Registered User Posts: 1,015 Senior Member
    Thank God my teacher didn't make us read chapters... he just took the info he knew we'd need and lectured us every day on it... occasionally we read chapters out of Pageant

5 on the exam :D
  • funployeefunployee Registered User Posts: 795 Member
    my class uses the new Brinkley 12th edition, so barely anyone on cc uses it.
    Haha, I got overworked and suffered information overload from reading all those chapters from the Pageant. I skipped school the day before the exam and read AMSCO. Coming out, I thought I failed.

I got a 4.
  • apathyapathy Registered User Posts: 590 Member
    Garraty has about 31 chapters. He rocks.

My class finished Garraty in April, and went one to two chapters a week. Pretty reasonable. On the other hand, a different class (same school, different teacher) went almost a chapter every other day. They were read, lecture, read, lecture, and they were done before February.
  • funployeefunployee Registered User Posts: 795 Member
    Our class is very fast

3 chapters a week or 1 unit a week. We get tons of outlines and readings.

It's by far the hardest class I've ever taken.
  • wxmannwxmann Registered User Posts: 855 Member
    you'llsee wrote:
    that's not fast for AP.

in my APUSH class, we do 2 chapters a week. My teacher wants to be done the textbook (41 chapters....Pageant) by April. That way, he can spend the rest of the time reviewing for the AP exam.
    Do we go to the same school?

Right here, we just finished Ch. 13 in the Pageant (Jacksonian Democracy). 2 chapters a week.

I am so happy that I read ahead over the summer... I'd have probably died if I didn't
  • you'llsee...you'llsee... Registered User Posts: 4,535 Senior Member
    great minds think alike....i guess. Does your class have to read the chapters before the teacher lectures, and then do an outline? that's what we do, and it's actually not that bad. For some strange reason, i actually enjoy reading the pageant; it's written so poetically most of the time.
This discussion has been closed.