Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AP Eng. Language practice q's

spazattackspazattack Registered User Posts: 831 Member
edited February 2008 in AP Tests Preparation
Are practice questions from Applied Practice accurate? My teacher is currently using questions from that company in conjunction with the books we are reading (Great Gatsby). Are the questions close to the AP Exam because I usually do really bad on those..
Post edited by spazattack on

Replies to: AP Eng. Language practice q's

• xjustjackxxjustjackx Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    my teacher used the Applied Practice questions for Scarlet Letter & she said that the focus of the applied practice ones are on literature & its not really the focus of the AP test. we did a real one recently & it was easier than the Applied Practice one.
  • paki786paki786 Registered User Posts: 862 Member
    how hard is AP eng lang.....im going to take it next year (junior year)
    i do not know if i should though.
  • Rainbow PianoRainbow Piano Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    For me, the class was really hard at first because the teacher completely slaughtered essays and made most of the class cry because of the tough grading, but once you're broken down into a specific type of writing, it's not so hard to get the structure. The vocab learning's kind of hard, but you just gotta keep up with memorizing.
  • paki786paki786 Registered User Posts: 862 Member
    Thanks rainbow piano. Do you have any advice for how i can go about studying for AP Eng lang. over the summer? I am taking about 3 AP's next year and want to keep my GPA high (4.0ish) so i want to be prepared.
This discussion has been closed.