Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Best Ap physics B book?

Supercai27Supercai27 Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
edited March 2008 in AP Tests Preparation
What is the best review book for the AP Physics B test?
Post edited by Supercai27 on

Replies to: Best Ap physics B book?

• concretejungleconcretejungle Registered User Posts: 633 Member
    I like the physics B & C PR book.
  • UnleashedFuryUnleashedFury Registered User Posts: 1,784 Member
    I haven't actually taken the exam yet, but I'm using 5 Steps to a 5 (the older edition), and PR, and I think they're both great. I haven't seen Barron's. BTW, if you have the opportunity to use the older PR book that covers both the B and C exams for cheaper than the new one, I'd take it. They're essentially the same thing. The only difference is that the new one exclusively for B has an extra exam. That might be worth it though.

But I prefer learning from a textbook. The review books are mainly good for the practice, don't rely on them to learn the material.
  • farraliciousfarralicious . Posts: 94 Junior Member
    i used barron's last year for physics b....it got me a 5 and i sucked at physics so i guess it worked. however, there were a couple of mistakes in the book, and it went over some stuff you'd probably never need to know (typical of barron's) like solenoids...i don't even know what they are anymore, lol.

but i believe it's always better to be overprepared than underprepared, it gets you thinking so you can tackle any problem the ap test throws your way.

good luck=)
  • jamesfordjamesford Registered User Posts: 3,447 Senior Member
    Most people prefer PR.
  • Supercai27Supercai27 Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    aight thanx for the info
  • xtraxtra Registered User Posts: 761 Member
    Well, I use giancoli's text. the problems in there are easy, but similar to AP Physics B
  • Nice_try09Nice_try09 Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    Princeton is always good....except for stats
This discussion has been closed.